Help improve your students’ phonemic awareness and phonics skills with Word Ladders. This simple and effective word chain activity has students replace a sound in a word with a new sound to form a new word. They are perfect for Kindergarten, First Grade and Second Grade students.
This packet includes 57 different word ladders. Word ladders are included for CVC words, FLSZ, digraphs, blends, magic e, trigraphs, r-controlled vowels, vowel teams, diphthongs and more. With so many phonics skills included, you can use this resource all year round as students progress through your phonics program!
Word Ladders are a powerful phonics activity! They allow students to manipulate and play with letters and sounds in order to improve their letter/sound connections. Plus, they are Science of Reading aligned!
You can grab this resource at over 90% off with the ULTIMATE PHONICS CENTERS BUNDLE here:
You don’t want to miss this deal!
HOW TO USE:
To use the activity, students begin at the bottom of the ladder and spell the word. Then, they move onto the next word and replace a letter to build a new word.
- 57 word ladders are included covering various phonics skills including CVC words, FLSZ, digraphs, blends, magic e, -y, trigraphs, r-controlled vowels, vowel teams, diphthongs and so much more!
THIS MUST-HAVE RESOURCE IS:
- Perfect for Kindergarten, First Grade and Second Grade students.
- Easy to prep! Simply print, laminate and cut out.
- Filled with different phonics skills to cater to various phonics levels. Differentiation is easy and learners of all stages can benefit from this resource.
- Science of Reading aligned with a systematic scope!
- Great for targeted phonemic awareness and phonics practice. Just choose the set of cards that contains your phonics focus!
- Versatile! Use it in small groups, whole-class or one-on-one.
- Flexible. Simply print what you need!
You can grab the bundle here: