Help improve your students phonemic awareness skills with this Phoneme Substitution Center. This activity has students replace a sound in a word with a new sound to form a new word. It is designed to help advance your students reading and spelling skills.
This packet includes 600 cards for beginning, medial and final sounds. You can use this center orally or have students use erasable marker or letters to write the words.
Cards are included for various phonics skills such as CVC words, FLSZ, digraphs, blends, magic e, trigraphs, r-controlled vowels, vowel teams, diphthongs and so much more! Integrate this activity easily into your phonics program.
You can grab this resource at over 90% off with the ULTIMATE PHONICS CENTERS BUNDLE here:
You don’t want to miss this deal!
HOW TO USE:
Students read the word and replace a letter to form a new word.
- 600 cards are included covering various phonics skills including CVC words, FLSZ, digraphs, blends, magic e, -y, trigraphs, r-controlled vowels, vowel teams, diphthongs and so much more! Plus, cover labels are included so that you can easily organize and store the cards. See the preview for more details.
THIS MUST-HAVE RESOURCE IS:
- Perfect for Kindergarten, First Grade and Second Grade students.
- Easy to prep! Simply print, laminate and cut out.
- Filled with different phonics skills to cater to various phonics levels. Differentiation is easy and learners of all stages can benefit from this resource.
- Science of Reading aligned with a systematic scope!
- Great for targeted phonemic awareness practice. Just choose the set of cards that contains your phonics focus!
- Easy to store. Use the included cover labels to organize the cards for easy retrieval.
- Versatile! Use it in small groups, whole-class or one-on-one.
- Flexible. Simply print what you need!
You can grab the bundle here: